Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Writing takes time, I like my writing to be simple but full of impact on the reader. Writing became important to me this summer, because I had to write one essay that would impact the rest of my life. That essay was my college application essay. I was so scared when I started it just knowing that this essay could help or hurt my college chances. This paper wasn't long but it was important.I feel like I handled it pretty well for being so freaked out about it. when I have important writing assignments like that I always proof read at least three times and then I have someone else proof read it after that. I learned this summer that essays and papers are never really as bad a they seem. I feel that my writing ability have vastly improved since my first day of freshman year, and only improving. I am still not a perfect writer I have a lot to work on still such as different formats and styles of writing. However, I feel that I am a strong writer emotionally and mechanically. I am far from perfect in all of these areas and I have high hopes that this class will help me and prepare me for when I go away to college. The entire process of writing takes time, not only to write it but to proof and perfect the writing piece.

I hope to learn as much as I can this year because I view this year as the make or break year. Having two college level classes this year means that I get a small dose of what college will be like. I am hoping to learn this year how to handle multiple assignments and essays all at the same time. I want to learn how to effectively manage my time, for not only college prep but the future. In this class I look forward to practicing writing in different formats (such as MLA and APA). I look forward to the challenges this class holds for me.

1 comment:

  1. College essays are really tough to write. I always struggled with them. One important reason to work on personal writing is to be ready for those. You got a head start on your classmates, so hopefully the experience will be useful for you.

    Writing does take time, and it's something that needs to be practiced a lot to master. It's like anything else in life--if you put in the effort, you will see the rewards. And you'll be getting plenty of college-level experience out of this course.

    I'm not sure how much we'll do with APA, but I can go over that if need be.

    10/10

    ReplyDelete