Sunday, August 25, 2013

Personal Experiences

One major experience that I have had that has changed my life was when I found out that my best friend (at the time) was lying to about pretty much everything that I had known about her. I was a horrible experience because I thought we were so close and I shared EVERYTHING with her. It was awful I had known her for most of my life but had I really. If I had never found out about the things she lied to me about I would have bigger trust issues than I already do. I hope that know one ever has to go through the pain of finding out secret that a "best" friend has kept from you.

Another major life changing experience I have has was the amazing summer where I really grew into the person I believe I was destined to become. I went on a missions trip and met people who came from a similar background as me and also helped me out with things that I was going through at the time. My missions trip experience then led me to my experience at chrysalis. That summer left a lasting snowball effect, in a good way.

These experiences go hand in hand and have really shaped me into the person I am to day picking the one I am going to write about is going to be a lot of work. I do know however that the one I pick to write about will be great because both experiences are close to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Both examples are really intriguing. I think they both could be worked into an interesting personal narrative. The second one may have a wider impact on your reader than the first, but I'm sure some people could relate to a situation like the one with your former friend.

    Whichever you choose, be sure to think through moments that you can retell in your narrative that would really illuminate how much you have changed as a person. Explain how the experiences shaped who you are and the values that you gained.

    ReplyDelete